Let's chat!
I was never one to have a blog or any other Internet chat device - funny too, since I used to program web sites. Check out www.cox.com or www.kenyons.com or www.ctamsocal.com, all creations of mine and/or teams that I managed!
Leave a posting - let's communicate!
Jo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi Jo,
I am one of your classmates in HB 420. Looking at your profile I noticed that you enjoy doing martial arts and living near the beach. Those same interests are dear to my oldests son's heart. I must say that I myself do enjoy the beach as well. This past summer we spent an entire week vacationing on the beach togeather as a family.
Hope to talk to you soon,
Heather
Okay so according to the DISC - I am so in the red! Here is the profile description:
Dominance: Direct and Decisive.
D's are strong-willed, strong-minded people who like accepting challenges, taking action, and getting immediate results.
This is SO me - very controlling. the TAPT was very right on! I had 7 in T and 7 in J - phew! No one can say that I'm not structured or logical - it's my style and without that style, I wouldn't be a very good project manager!
Project Career - now here we go...
Sales Representative
Market Research Analyst
Media Buyer/Planner
Promotions Manager
Public Relations Representative
All jobs that I have had throughout my career! wow! ISTJ is what I am -
ISTJ: Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it.
So me!
Stong sense of duty, loyal, dependable, follow-through on everything - the details were even right on. scary
I've done Myers Briggs before and we use Birkman in my job. It is important to know the types of indivduals you have on a team, how they will react, how they will participate. You need to understand how to interact with them to make them feel like they are providing value and feel a part of the team.
NLP - funny that this was dramatically different - very touchy feely... scored 7 in Kinesthetic. Interesting.
Barriers to Communication:
Environmental: noise, light noise, furniture - hate talking across a desk - come around and sit in a chair be personable!
Verbal: Words used improperly or non-words like irregardless, anyways, business jargon, acronyms drive me crazy!
Interpersonal: This is interesting because this happens frequently to us all and we don't even know it's happening. It's what we typically lable "personality conflict." We are all different, do things different ways but, if we get the results we expect, then getting there shouldn't be the problem.
phew! that's it for me tonight!
I actually broke down and asked the kids how to do this blogging and my space. It helped, but I think using it will help me out in the long run.
Hi Jo, We are very similar. I ended up being an ISTJ and also scored out with Kinesthetic but these results were much closer, differing by only one point. I'm always a little apprehensive when taking these things because I don't like seeing "short comings" per se. But it is kind of cool when they confirm beliefs about oneself. Take it easy.
sean
Hey Lady Jo, just thought I'd drop by and say bhi to you! I hope that you figure everything out about blogging because I dont really know how to do it. I cant even find out were to look up my comments! well again just saying hi and good luck in the class.
Westley Goodwin
Hello Jo,
Sorry it took me so long to respond to your comment. I still haven't figured this my space and blog thing out yet.
Gabriel
Post a Comment