Gender and Perception
This topic really stuck out for me. As we are raised very differently (for the most part) we perceived, ingest and respond very differently.
Is your past following you?
Again - this one was very interesting. I do believe that the past molds who we become, regardless of the paths we take, we have an ingrained sense of who we are from birth. I fought back when people told me I was organized and structured for the longest time. I have a creative side to me so I really didn't believe that I was so structured (and a control freak!). However, I distinctly remembered my mom buying me a large bag of M&Ms when I was about 8. I used to separate all of the colors and eat only one color first - usually the dark chocolate first and I always left the yellow for last as they are my favorite. And... if anyone came and took my M&Ms, messed them up or mixed them up it would stress me out and make me cry! Okay I don't cry any more, but I still separate them... lol!
Funny how you can look back and see who you really are from suttle experiences.
How about you? What can you remember from your past that speaks to the person you are or personality that you have today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment