Okay, I admit that I could not attend a toastmasters meeting this week. However, I know someone, Dan, who is a competent communicator and a former officer of the San Diego chapter. He talked to me about how the meetings worked and the process of giving speeches and networking. It was very interesting! There are different levels of speakers and different types of speeches that you give in order to become more comfortable at speaking. You even do impromptu speaking, which is probably the most nerve wracking of all.
He did a five minute speech for me on the Battle of Thermopylae, 480 B.C. He was eloquent and interesting in his speech and pulled all of the history of pre-battle. He kept his gaze on my eyes and used appropriate hand gestures and body language. He was smooth in his speech, never stammered, said 'ah,' or paused unless it warranted a pause.
He is a very well spoken gentleman and I was pleased to be able to interview him and he was more than happy to comply with his speech!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment